Thursday, July 26, 2007

Style-point Error

With Rob and Brooke both on vacation, it looked like things were going to slow down. Rebecca, a freelancer, was called in to pick up the slack the two left behind.

It’s almost lunch time and it seemed there was no work in sight. Fortunately, Jen came in with an ad to proofread. Afterward, it was Deb; she brought three. Anyway, as I was proofing the ads, I saw a style-point error. Because I’ve been proofing the same work for days, they all looked the same. It was only after a day that I noticed this mistake.

That style-point error was a mere period. It wasn’t supposed to be there, but there it was. It’s not glaring or a huge mistake. I wouldn’t lose my job because of it, but I was after consistency. I guess my being a perfectionist was rearing its ugly head again.

No comments: