Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Proofing TV Ads

It was quiet across the board. But I was still hoping work would come in very soon.

I bumped into Julita in the kitchen. As always, she asked me if I was doing anything work related. I had nothing to report to her except for the one I did yesterday. Then I quietly slipped away from her.

I also saw Vanessa, the managing director, by the printer. I thought she saw me staring blankly at my computer screen. I wished there were other things to do for me here; but as a proofreader, there’s not much.

In the afternoon, Rob from the studio dropped by, asking for help interpreting proofreading marks on yesterday’s brochure. However, those weren’t mine and there were several. It appears that I goofed again! And I missed a lot of copy revisions by the client. Obviously, I was reading the wrong copy deck. Anyway, that wasn’t excusable. (I never liked doing things in a hurry!)

Anyway, I was able to redeem myself and made sure all the revisions were in the brochure and copy deck. Then Brooke handed me two small proofreading jobs, which I finished in an hour. It looked like work was picking up.

And just as soon as I was prepping myself for home, Allison, the account director, called me for a proofing work. It was for a TV commercial and I could view it using my QuickTime player. Unfortunately, my player was acting up and I was forced to bring my work home.

No comments: