Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Why Does It Have to Be Me?

I almost didn't make it out on time last night. Jenny, the new receptionist and office assistant, called me up as I was about to leave. She asked me if I could do her a favour and do some of Jennifer's work for her (whatever that was) because she needed to leave immediately to catch the train home. I had to say no.

This morning, I came across her in the kitchen and asked her what time she left last night. She said that she didn't stay long and had to hand the work over to Nina. I advised her to tell Jennifer that she needed to go home exactly at 5 p.m. to catch the train, which she actually did. But what upset me was Jennifer's reply to her: "Give it to Ronnie."

I still couldn't understand why I was the first to cross Jennifer's mind whenever someone couldn't do the job for her. I appreciate her confidence in me, but it's not my job to cover his or her behind every time that happens. It just makes my blood boil.

Grrrrr!

No comments: