Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye, Shelley

Shelley received her walking papers this morning from Tonie. I didn't mean to listen to their discussion in Wendy's office, but the speaker was on and I heard Tonie say the words "let go." I had to mute my speakers and listen to their conversation.

She was let go because she wasn't the right person for the job. This they discovered after eight months. Wendy dropped by my office to confirm this and allay whatever fears I had in my mind. She also said that they're in the process of interviewing people again. I suggested Allison, who was very already familiar with the company's clients and was Wendy II's former supervisor. She is also available because she was recently laid off.

Of course, this scenario reminded me again of last year's lay-offs.

No comments: