Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hundreds of Missing Files

Our IT guys finally completed the transfers of our files to the Toronto servers from Minneapolis (and we're based in Vancouver — don't ask). It appears that the migration was smooth until the two Wendys asked me to open up some old files as reference for the upcoming new projects.

When I searched for the files in one server, I noticed that the file listing was short and the folders I created there since August 2008 were nowhere to be found. So, I called and e-mailed David, one of the propeller heads in Toronto, to take a look at this. Apparently, some files were left in Minneapolis and had to be couriered. I thought that the migration was done digitally, but it appears that the files had to be saved in some external storage and shipped.

Anyway, I found some digital snapshots of the old servers from December last year, including the number of files stored in each one. It looked like we're missing at least 400 files (one server alone was missing 345 files).

I just hope and pray that David and his cohort, Norris, find these files; otherwise, someone's goose will be cooked. I hope it's not mine.

No comments: