Monday, April 20, 2009

Friday Off, Weekend Work

I still have four vacation days left over from last year; so, I decided to take a day off, either on Friday or Monday. I couldn't decide which day to take as we were expecting French and Chinese versions of a DM's copy decks to be coming soon from the client. However, the older Wendy gave me the go signal to take Friday as she, too, wasn't sure when to actually receive the copy decks.

My gut feeling was saying they could come on Friday; so, I decided to FTP the working files to myself before I left for home on Thursday. I didn't bother to check my office webmail on Friday because I was off that day. Besides, Friday was "me" time.

However, I had this nagging feeling that I had to check my office webmail. And both French and Chinese copy decks for the brochures and letters did arrive on Friday and everything was rush. Plus, I had four posters to revise, courtesy of Stephanie.

To avoid being under tremendous pressure on Monday, I started working on them for six hours Saturday night. Sunday, right after lunch, I went to the office and printed, proofed and e-mailed everything I did the night before. I was in the office for more than four hours.

It was a good thing I worked on these on the weekend because when I reported late for work today, e-mail was down and that would put additional stress on me. Now, I'm taking it easy. Thank God, I was thinking ahead.

No comments: