Thursday, May 21, 2009

Floor Warden Training

Finally, a change of pace this time. After a week of practically doing nothing, yesterday's floor warden training was a breath of fresh air.

The three-hour event was held at the 19th floor of our building. All I could say was it was very informative and the advice given could increase my survivability, my family's and my officemates' in times of emergencies or disasters. Unfortunately, my tummy was acting up, thanks to the meds that I was taking.

Gas was building up in my stomach and I was trying very hard to hold it in. So, as soon as we left for a nine-minute break, I went straight to the washroom and broke wind several times. Then it got much worse. What followed was the dreaded feeling that I simply couldn't ignore. If I ignore it, it would bother me continually and I wouldn't be able to appreciate the presentation. Besides, I wouldn't have fought the feeling for the next 90 minutes. So, I had to sit this one over and do some "paperwork."

After a few minutes, I was able to think straight again.

No comments: