Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Week's Updates

It's been a slow week and I only have two hours' worth of billable hours. Since not much has been going on, I decided to put everything in one blog. So, without further ado, the week's highlights:
  1. I opened my e-mail first thing Tuesday and saw this subject of the big Wendy's e-mail: "Round of Applause for Gord and Ronnie." The first thing that came to my mind was, "Finally, recognition! This could be the promotion that I've been waiting for." However, when I opened it, it was for submitting my timesheets promptly. Oh, well, at least my being timely was getting recognized.
  2. Wendy also appointed me one of the tenant floor wardens for the building's emergency response training sessions, which I'd be attending Wednesday next week with Andrea, our sister company's receptionist.
  3. I spent the entire day yesterday chatting on Yahoo! Messenger with a classmate back in high school, who's now based in California.
  4. We decided not to have the big colour printer/copier's rip unit repaired. The quote for the repairs was almost $600, including parts, labour and taxes.
  5. There were free baked goodies today as a client meeting that was scheduled today was canceled.
  6. The first of our four-day weekends starts tomorrow. Woo-hoo!

No comments: