Friday, July 3, 2009

Outsourced Again

Cathy came up to me last week to give me a heads up on a project for a client: nine newspaper print ads in English and Chinese. I was looking forward to it because it meant that I was going to be busy this week.

While waiting for the client-approved copy, I started working on the layouts. So, when the copy deck arrived, all I had to do was plop in the text and adjust it accordingly. Piece of cake! However, two banner-sized ads proved to be a challenge. But with a little ingenuity using tables, I was able to fit in the text. (I just don't know where they got Sally, the freelance copywriter. Her grammatical errors never cease to amaze me.)

Unfortunately, I had to send all my working files to Toronto again. I don't know the reason behind that. Maybe because I'm leaving for the Philippines next week for a three-week vacation and they just want to cover the bases. I just hope I get to do the Chinese versions before I leave.

No comments: