Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Slow Day

Finally, after weeks of crazy rush projects, today is looking to be a slow one. So far, I have only logged in 2¾ billable hours, which is a far cry from my seven- to eight-hour days since Rob left. I don't mind the free time because it means I've got time to write about the following:
  1. The entire office had tea and biscuits yesterday afternoon (now a regular Monday affair), but Jennifer opted to have beer instead. She probably needed the liquid courage to tell the rest of us that the head honcho of a client quit, which meant there would be job changes again. (I just hope no one gets laid off because of this.)
  2. Jennifer was talking to someone over the phone early this afternoon when her tongue slipped: she's moving to New York. I knew she wasn't supposed to say that because when she did, she looked at Shelley and Charlene to see if they heard what she just said. (So, she would leave her team eventually because of the above changes.)

No comments: