Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Crazy Afternoon

I thought I was going to spend the rest of the afternoon learning Flash CS3 when I received a Print Media Release, or PMR, from Wendy. This meant that I was to send ad material, usually hi-res PDFs, to various publications for insertion. The PMR this time was for a client's appointment notice, which needed to appear in four Chinese newspapers.

Since I was already finished with this project last week, it was simply a matter of sending PDFs to the contact persons and have them confirm receipt. Or so I thought.

These notices, which we always do in black, should come in black plus another spot colour. So, I had to do some minor adjustments, like adding colour to the logo and borders. Then there was one that had the wrong size. Apparently, Charlene, who used to handle this job, got the dimensions of the length and width mixed up. So, what was once a horizontal ad, was now vertical.

Tonie, who now works on this project, was pissed because "it makes us stupid." I don't blame her.

No comments: