Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Off

I finally took a day off work. Since all that was happening today was an 11:30 a.m. client presentation and I was done with my part last week, I thought it was the perfect time to take it easy.

So, I sent an e-mail to old Wendy early Monday that I was taking an "emergency" leave, but I was still available for contact at home. And contact they did.

Apparently, Jim didn't like the artwork I sent to him last Friday and he wanted to make changes to it before presenting it to the client. Young Wendy called me up and asked her to send me the InDesign files so that I could work on them at home. I was walking her through the Mac to get it packaged for me, and it took us 45 minutes to do so.

Anyway, she managed to send the files to me and I started working on them right away. I sent the files to Wendy just minutes before the client presentation. Unfortunately, Jim still didn't like what he saw (he wasn't clear with the instructions in the first place), but they still proceeded with the presentation.

Well, I didn't care around this time. I was on leave anyway. I just didn't want to leave Wendy and Shelley hanging. But I dealt with Jim's revisions the next day. All was good and the client liked it.

No comments: