Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wendy's First Day

We were excited to see a new face in the office. Unfortunately, our e-mail and Internet server had other plans. It was down for much of the day and only became operational at 2 p.m. Since we didn't have e-mail and the Internet, we basically did nothing while awaiting for repairs.

Of course, Shelley was able to do something productive with her time. She took the new Wendy to her first client meeting; showed her the ropes in the office; and had a teleconference with Jim, which I was invited to attend.

I also spent an hour studying Flash CS3 yesterday, too. I finished the online tutorial this afternoon and discovered that it wasn't for me, thanks to ActionScript. I'm not a technical person and all this programming makes my head hurt. Now, I'm simply focusing on InDesign.

More about Wendy: She's Chinese and reminds me of Candace, a writer who used to work for me, but a lot slimmer and more mature.

No comments: