Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Good Deeds for Today

As usual, I was one of the first-comers in the office. I went to the kitchen and started the electric kettle for my morning cup of tea. I checked the fridge and saw that it needed some restocking of juice and pop. Although I wasn't on kitchen duty today (it was Jill from our sister company), I chose to fill it up with drinks. Besides, I might have a hankering for apple juice later in the day only to find out that it's all gone or not a single cold bottle was available.

Then I went to the washroom to take a leak. Someone took out the paper roll out of the automatic dispenser and didn't replace it. I didn't know why, but it was easy to do so. One need only to read the simple instructions, which I did. In less than two minutes, the dispenser was operational again.

Back in the office, Belinda wanted to listen to some Christmas carols. Since there wasn't a radio station playing continuous Yule tunes, I offered to play some songs using my PC's Internet radio. I guess the volume was so loud that Amanda and Charlene asked me to turn it down. Charlene's reason was that she couldn't hear herself over the phone while Amanda simply didn't want to hear them this early (three weeks to go before C-Day). The former was understandable; the latter, just plain Scrooge-y.

Concerning work, it looked like today was going to be a slow one. It looked like I'd be spending most of my day surfing the 'Net and reading newspapers and magazines.

By the way, Rob lent me his Gears of War game. I couldn't wait to go home and try this one out on my new Xbox 360 that I got for myself.

No comments: