Monday, December 10, 2007

Thursday and Friday a Blur!

With work coming in trickles, I thought Thursday was going to be an easy one — until Julita told me that our sister company was requiring my proofreading and editing services. I got to meet Joy, their general manager, who handed me a hard copy of the document that needed nitpicking and had me sign a confidentiality agreement.

I worked a total of five hours checking it, and the only feedback I got from her was that it was everything she expected. (I don't know if that was good or bad.) It was all good though because I got to use my skills. I definitely enjoyed doing it.

The next day, Friday, was the busiest on record for me: eight hours with a 30-minute break. Allison wanted me to do some frame-by-frame screen captures of 24 French online banners, plus 16 more for her presentation to the client.

I left some work from last week for today so that I would have something to do. Unfortunately, Tom, our freelance interactive art director tasked to do these online banners, called in sick. Now, my work was in a standstill because of his absence, leaving me time to write this blog and catch up on other personal stuff.

No comments: