Friday, March 14, 2008

Adieu, Allison et Tom

Friday was off to a good start.

Wendy brought some printer proofs for me to check and Charlene, who was currently in Toronto and wouldn't be back until next Wednesday, sent me a lot of e-mails. I thought this was going to be a busy one. But at the end of the day, my billable hours were 2½ hours short. And it looked like no more additional work would be coming in.

At 4:30 p.m., we'll be saying our goodbyes to Allison. If our small gathering for her were in typical company fashion, then it's wine, chips, crackers and cheeses. I hope Julita will get something more hale and hearty this time.

It appears that it is Tom's last day with us, too. He didn't accept the company's offer of full-time work, which was then offered to someone else in Toronto. I'll miss the guy and his funny British accent.

No comments: