Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Slow Yesterday, Slower Today?

It was a slow day yesterday, and it looks like today's going to be slower. Somehow, I've never gotten used to spending most of my days infosnacking when I see everyone doing something work related. I feel so guilty and useless though it's not my fault entirely.

As a proofreader, I only perform my duty when work is handed to me. What am I supposed to proof when there's nothing for me to do in the first place? These are the times when I welcome labour-intensive tasks, such as proofing translation files and screen-capturing online banners.

So, when Charlene came up to me yesterday, wondering if I could do some screen grabs for her, I obliged quickly. Unfortunately, there were only eight banners to work on, which was only worth 60 minutes of client-billable time.

No comments: