Thursday, March 13, 2008

Briefs

I was finally getting the hang of participating in task and creative briefings. In fact, I was enjoying it. I felt so important and productive.

Yesterday, I was invited to one by Charlene (via conference call). This was for Belinda’s former client who wanted us to revise an old welcome package. Even before we held this in the afternoon, I was already pounding the keyboard in the morning, working on one of the several versions of the welcome letter.

On our way home, Tom told Rob and me that he refused the company’s offer of permanent work. His reason: he couldn’t possibly work full time in a firm where there were several lay-offs previously and the employees were dying to get out of there. He said that Julita was surprised with his response.

I told him that I was just waiting for another copywriting assignment to add to my portfolio since it needed updating. Once I have gathered enough job samples, I will resume my job hunting.

No comments: