Thursday, April 3, 2008

Most Hectic Week on Record?

Finally, some down time. This has been the most hectic week so far. Liza and Patrick has been bugging me since Tuesday regarding their client's online banners.

I thought at first that this week was going to be a slow one, so I volunteered to help Nina with the rest of her translation files on Tuesday. Finishing at 4 p.m., I was planning to take it easy for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, Patrick thwarted my plans; he wanted me to do proofread and screen captures of some banners, and wanted them by the end of the day.

My first reaction was: "You've got to be kidding me!" I also wanted to say that to him via e-mail. However, I kept my cool and concentrated on the task at hand instead. I was done a little past five. I walked to the bus stop contented, knowing that I once again rose to the occasion.

But I couldn't help but think that the suits were sending last-minute work to me on purpose. Micro-managing Jennifer is notorious for that. Patrick looks like he's becoming a male version of her. And Liza, well, she tried yesterday to make me stay and do a PDF of online banners again. This, after I was already on my way out of the office. Instead, she asked me to come to work early tomorrow, which I did today. (She could become a female version of the Dragon Lady.)

No comments: