Friday, April 11, 2008

A Quiet Friday

I felt guilty not telling almost anyone that I wasn't going to the after-office drinks last night. I knew it was common courtesy to say no, but I didn't tell a single soul, except Rob, who also didn't go.

Anyway, my guilt was pretty obvious with the way I avoided people. I didn't even bother talking to the suits, lest they asked why I didn't come with them. What also made me feel worse was that Jim was having a meeting with us for a creative review. I feared the use of the word "review," as in "job review."

Plus, the last time Jim was here, he let Vassil go. Fortunately, the meeting was simply a recap of what the company had been doing creatively for the client. So, it was safe to say that they weren't shipping and shifting our work to Toronto and that Rob and I still have our jobs. Thank God!

And thank God it's Friday.

No comments: