Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Battling Eye Infection

I don't know how I got this, but two weeks ago, my eyes began to itch. Now, it has turned to a full-blast bacterial eye infection according to my family doctor. It's not exactly pink eye or conjunctivitis because that's viral; mine is just itchy and watery.

I thought it was a bad case of allergies, but when my eyes are covered in gunk (mucus) when I wake up in the morning, I knew it's worse than allergies. Plus, my eyelids felt sandy when I scratched them, irritating my eyes more and making them watery and red.

I think the infection is beginning to subside, thanks to the antibiotic eyedrops I'm using. However, the medication left my eyelids and the surrounding skin leathery with some skin irritation around the corners. I'm wearing sunglasses in the office just to cover my eyes and protect them from the sun and bright lights.

I just hope this infection goes away completely next week because I'm going to a networking soirée and I don't want to wear shades.

No comments: