Monday, June 22, 2009

Half-day Vacation

I had three remaining days left from my 2008 vacation; so, I decided to take all of them this month. I decided to take one last Friday to do some personal errands in preparation for my upcoming July holidays in Asia.

I was having a relaxing lunch at the airport when my cell phone rang. It was Cathy calling. She was wondering if I could have someone in Toronto work on the files I was working on previously as her client had already chosen a design and wanted it on Monday. Since I didn't want my creation outsourced to Toronto, I said that I could be there by 2 p.m. and take on her client's requests. Besides, I would have a hard time explaining what to do over the phone if Cathy insisted that the files be sent to Toronto.

I arrived a quarter before two and worked on the project for more than two hours. Cathy was pleased with my showing up and the fruits of my labour. She said she owed me one and thanked me profusely. And to make up for my lost hours in my day off, she said that I could come in late on Monday and would inform Wendy about it.

I took her up on her offer and I reported for work at 11, and lo and behold, there were four boxes of premium chocolate-covered biscuits from Cathy on my table! (She knew I liked this kind.) These were for a job well done and for reporting for work even when it was my day off.

No comments: