Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Long Week

Well, it looks like another long week for me even though I’m taking my one remaining day of my 2009 vacation this Friday. Yes, it’s a four-day workweek for me, but I don’t want to spend my days reviewing InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator.

When I learned from Tonie last week during dinner that she kept me in the team because the Toronto office needed a back-up in case they’re swamped, I began to understand why I was getting scraps from the table instead of the main course.

I don’t want to wait for work for days on end. I’ve got to remain creative, productive and useful. Menial work is okay from time to time to break the monotony, but I need and want to be gainfully employed.

If things won’t improve, I’m going to look for another gig next year. (Of course, I can start looking for work in another agency now, but I’m still hoping things will pick up soon. I love the company I work for.)

No comments: