Friday, August 7, 2009

What to Do Next?

The day is almost done and I still have nothing to do. The smaller Wendy has none for me yet. She said that I should check with Cathy.

Cathy’s been in and out of the bigger Wendy’s office this morning, and I don’t want to bother her with my concerns. She used to bring me lots of work, like marketing collateral and rate sheets. I haven’t received any projects from her ever since. I hope there’s something in the works for me with all that teleconferencing with the client.

Stephanie’s been quiet, too, lately. I haven’t heard anything from her for months. I remember sending her a congratulatory e-mail when she got engaged, but that was a long time ago. She normally asks me to design posters and such.

But I heard from Tonie yesterday. What a surprise! She invited the entire Vancouver office (that’s the four of us) for dinner next week. We don’t know yet where she’s taking us and why.

At least, it’s the weekend. I have 48 hours all for myself, but I hope there’s real work for me come Monday. I’ve started solving crossword puzzles again, which is a bad sign that I’m bored and that I’ve got lots of time on my hands.

No comments: