Monday, July 7, 2008

And We're Back

After being away from the office since June 28, I'm not happy to be back at work.

First of all, Rob handed his resignation last week (his last day is on July 15). When he leaves the company for good next week, I will become the last man standing — literally (for the rest of my co-workers are women). It's bad because I've never been the lone male in an office before. I'm sure it will feel awkward.

This just makes me wish I had gone for the jugular during my interview at LDB. If I did, then I probably would have started working with them early this month. And Rob should be the one left by his lonesome here (well, at least for a few days) instead of me. Now, I'm stuck here waiting for the right opportunity to come along again.

Second, with me the only person in the production/creative department, there's a possibility that they will move the department to Toronto and lay me off. And that will suck big time. Unless, of course, they find a replacement for Rob who will work with me side by side. Otherwise, I will be doubly pressured to look for a new job or line of work.

Third, there's nothing to do again (although I did lots on Friday before I went on holiday, such as screen grabs and Nina's translation files).

Enough said.

No comments: