Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Saved the Day

It wasn't quite hectic for me yesterday. So, any unscheduled project that came my way, I could easily tackle for as long as it could be done before 5 p.m.

First, there was the resizing of a client's ad in a newspaper. With a little help from Wendy with outlining fonts, I was able to adjust its size and send it to the newspaper as soon as I was done.

Second, there was this issue with another client regarding a DM mailer. Earlier in the morning, Shelley and Nina were having a very lively discussion with the guys at the Toronto office, particularly Gord, who was having an attitude problem because of Jennifer's last-minute changes to his copy.

Because Shilling, the freelance art director in Toronto who designed the mailer, wasn't around to do the revisions, Shelley asked me if I could do them. Of course, I said yes — only if they could find the files in the server or locate where Shilling was. (They were in her flash drive and had to be picked up by a courier!) Shelley had to reschedule her presentation to the client because of the delay. An hour later, I was revising the copy and printed and PDF'd the file.

Needless to say, I stepped up to the plate and saved their asses.

No comments: