Friday, September 5, 2008

I Saved My Ass This Time

It's been days since I sent ad materials to a Chinese newspaper for a client's print ad and I hadn't heard from them if my files were printable or not. I thought to myself that maybe everything was okay and that the newspaper people would call me up if they weren't good.

However, there's one important thing I learned from this trade: Never assume anything. So, I sent an e-mail to our contact person in the newspaper this morning, asking if he received our files in good order. And to my surprise, he called me up, saying that he hadn't received them.

This ad is supposed to be out on Monday to coincide with the client's contest. If I hadn't followed up with the Chinese newspaper and the ad didn't appear on one of its pages, then that would spell big trouble for me.

It's always a good thing to check and not assume everything.

No comments: