Thursday, November 22, 2007

Good and Bad News

Jennifer called everyone for an informal meeting a little after 11 a.m. Everyone was there, including the Toronto people via audio link. She broke the news that a client decided to pull out next year. This was sad because this was one of Belinda's clients and she might lose her job for that. But I hope there would be enough work for her to stay.

However, there was also good news. A big client was going to bring new business next year for the company, which meant more work for us. I hope that this was sooner so that they would continue to find me useful.

I also get to leave the office two hours early today. I was supposed to leave for Seattle tomorrow, but plans changed and I'm heading south of the border tonight.

I wanted to get the afternoon off and charge it to my personal days since not much was happening. Instead, I opted to leave at 3 p.m. just in case something pops up.

Then I'm off tomorrow.

No comments: