Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Digging My New Digs?

I finally settled in my new work station, which I affectionately called the playpen. It looked much better and bigger in the architectural blueprints. Unfortunately, the drawings in the design weren’t according to scale.

So, my new digs are actually ⅓ the size of my first office. Plus, the partitions, which act as walls, are so short that they offer me no privacy. The table provides little room to lay out my stuff.

It also appeared that no one was happy with their new pods. Would you be, especially if you had your own office for years and have been relegated to a cubicle?

Doug advised me yesterday that once the dust had settled, I should reconfigure my work station to adapt to my work needs. So, that’s why I did. I sequestered another table and connected it with mine, instantly doubling my work area. Now, my bigger and better digs were almost half the size of my original office.

Am I happy with it now? Not quite. But when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And in our case, we’ll need lots of straws.

No comments: