Monday, October 1, 2007

I Thought Wrong

I thought today was going to be an easy one, but I thought wrong.

First, Wendy told me that the outside envelopes for a DM kit were missing an indicia and a return address. Judging by the disappointed look on her face, this was a big blunder.

Second, there were lots of rush ads — and they kept on coming!

Third, Wendy came back wondering about the copy decks for the same DM kit. Of course, I had to make one from scratch right away. Honestly, I didn’t know I was supposed to do this.

Fourth, I had to check the printer’s proofs. It’s no mean feat; unfortunately, the text on the copy deck I was using to check the text on the proofs was different. Obviously, the finalized text was different from the one I had, but I had no idea that it was revised.

Fifth, I had to proof five French animated banner ads online. This task was a lot tougher than proofing text on paper. I had to make screenshots of each and every frame to catch errors like inconsistencies and typos.

In the end, I did everything that was asked of me and had 30 minutes to spare before closing time. Though there were still some ads that need proofing, they could wait the next day. So, I took the downtime to send e-mails and calm my nerves.

No comments: