Tuesday, October 30, 2007

He Saved the Day!

Seeing a job bag waiting for me first thing was a good sign that there would be work for me. Or was it? Two hours into the day and, so far, I did only one more and it required only minor changes. By 12 noon, one more job bag came, but it was for a resized ad (same text, new size).

Judging by the looks of it, these would be my workload for the day. I should have taken the day off. I thought wrong, however.

Rob dropped by with three printer proofs of DM collateral. Since they were only reprints, I wanted not to check them thoroughly. But my conscience was telling me otherwise. After painstakingly proofreading for an hour, I found a pre-existing and glaring typo.

I showed this to Deb, who was very surprised to see this because of two reasons:
  1. The client has approved this and never noticed this error.
  2. This error has been repeated in print thousands of times earlier.

In the end, everyone was thankful that the mistake was caught in the proofing stage. God saved the day!

No comments: