Friday, January 18, 2008

A Short Time to Shine

Yesterday, I offered to help with the logo and brochure design. After two hours of sketching, planning and searching the Net for the correct images, I was told by Charlene that Tom, the freelancer, would be called back again tomorrow (which was today) to do work on the project. I also wanted to assist with the copywriting for this particular job, but, unfortunately for me, someone in Toronto already started working on it. Belinda even joked that Charlene had just fired me because my work had been outsourced.

I really like to work on those kind of projects, but my office computer isn't equipped to do such tasks. I need to have InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop installed in my machine to work. My PC at home has those software, but I don't think they will allow me to telecommute for this one.

I guess I have to prove my mettle somewhere else. I saw in craigslist yesterday that a local advertising firm was looking for a junior writer. I'll check them out again this weekend.

So, with all projects taken or pending, I am now left with nothing to do again. This week's timesheet looks bad.

No comments: