Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tough Day

I thought Tuesday was another ordinary day. Well, not quite.

Jennifer came with some work: hers! I didn't know exactly what she wanted me to do with her report; but she said that since I was smart, I could figure it out myself. It was a bad thing because I had no idea what she was talking about. She started some charts on PowerPoint and wanted me to fill in the blanks and finish them for her.

After a few attempts in guessing what she would like me to do with her report, I finally got it right. By then, it was almost 8 p.m. Save for Jennifer, I was the last person to leave the company (only Julita left early last night and that was around 6 p.m.).

Jennifer's brand of leadership and micromanagement only strengthened my resolve to look for another job.

By the way, Philip, our CEO worldwide, dropped by to discuss how the company was doing internationally. It sounded like we did well last year, but it was only a small growth, thanks to our Florida office who messed up big time. I didn't know the specifics, but, according to Philip, they sucked.

No comments: