Friday, May 23, 2008

The Only Thorn Among the Roses

With Rob on leave, Julita and Nina on vacation, and Jennifer on some company-sponsored junket, there were only four of us left in the office: Wendy, Charlene, Shelley and me. It was wise for Rob to take Friday off because there was nothing to do here for us, at least.

So, since this morning, I have done nothing but check my e-mail in my Yahoo! and Gmail accounts, watch sports and viral videos online, and check out websites on action figures and video games. Lunch time, I'll head out to Blockbuster and rent movies for the weekend.

I hope Wendy will let me go home early; otherwise, I'll have to think of stuff to do to keep me busy for the next four hours.

(Update: After a quick lunch, I went to Blockbuster and took advantage of their three-new-releases-for-two offer. I grabbed National Treasure 2, Untraceable and The Air I Breathe. I was also hoping Wendy to tell me to go home early. Instead, she went home early herself at 12:30 p.m. I also managed to catch Belinda online and we chatted a bit. I found out from her that Jenny has tendered her resignation and she'll be leaving us next week. Lucky girl!)

No comments: