Monday, May 26, 2008

Stupid Weather

Everytime I leave the house, I make it a habit to watch the Weather Network so I can prepare the clothes I'm going to wear for that day. Today, the report calls for showers, with a high of 17° C and low of 12° C. Not cold enough to wear a jacket or warm enough to don a polo or short-sleeved shirt. So, I decided to slip a grey V-neck sweater on a white round-neck undershirt and black denim pants.

When I headed to the bus terminal, it was cloudy and a little cool. It was refreshing actually after staying indoors overnight. The sun was shining through the clouds when I was on the bus, prompting me to wear my shades. Still, it wasn't that warm; it wasn't cold either.

However, when I got into the office, it was uncomfortably hot and muggy. I adjusted the thermostat with no effect. It was a good day for the air conditioning to be acting up.

It was also a good time to be in kitchen duty. I was breaking a sweat on my forehead, armpits, chest and back when I finished unloading the dishwasher and replenishing the drinks in the fridge. I also noticed that everyone was wearing short-sleeved shirts or blouses. As Julita said, I was overdressed. To cool things down, I grabbed the coldest apple juice in the fridge and almost downed the entire bottle with gusto.

As I write this, I am currently scanning the skies for dark, heavy cloud formations. It looks like it's getting cloudy up north.

No comments: